Wednesday 4 November 2009

The Socio Challenge.-

Sociology as a carreer in this University has to face a lot of challenges everyday. They could be organised in three principal points: technology, social matters and education. Let's talk about each one of them:

When I said that Sociology has a technology challenge, I mean that there are a little problems in the school frame. For example, there aren't enough computers for all the students, so many times you have to wait till someone left one behind and then you could use it while another student wait for one computer as you did before. In fact, this year a lot of new computers arrived to the Social Sciences Faculty, but they never considerated that there are some subjects of the career that needs computers classroom (for example: English Class), so many times there are no computers available to use just because there are some students in class making their blogs, papers or works to get high scores.

Other problem associated to technology is that Sociology, as career and as discipline, needs an statistical programa named SPSS. Computers of the Social Sciences Faculty has this program, but there are just 15 licenses to use it, so if you had the very bad luck of open the program number 16, you can't use all the functions and you can either save your advances. It's a little complicated considerating that each year has 40 sociology students, and that every class needs that program.

In order to talk about social matters, I have to say that before I enter to this career, I thought that, at least at this University, taking care of social matters was one of the most important things. I have to admit that there are a lot of instances to help social issues, but they aren't enough. I also see that there are some students that really don't care about social matters, and that's a little strange because it's contradictory with the sociology bases.

Finally, I have to talk about the education I received. There are a lot of goos teachers, but there are also some professors that sometimes I ask myself WHY ARE THEY TEACHING IF THEY REALLY DON'T KNOW HOW OR WHAT TO TEACH? Anyway, the good subjects and professors exceeded the bad so I don't have to claim anymore about that.


I believe that's all I have to say today.
Have a good day !

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the "have a good day" message.. I'm sure it was for me :)
    Paula, you are very smart, i agree with you, my little beautiful adorable and cute friend.

    I ♥ U!

    Patty

    ReplyDelete